- Tour enCORE House
- 2016-2017 Student Funding Available for Research, Scholarship, Travel and Student Projects
- Energy and Environment Student Internship and Job Opportunities
- Ohio State Scores Big in RecycleMania Competition
- Energy Experts in the Classroom
- Energy and Environment Student Design, Innovation and Business Plan Competitions
Energy and Environment Student Design, Innovation and Business Plan Competitions
The Ohio State Office of Energy and Environment supports student research and careers in energy, the environment and sustainability. Many universities and colleges hold energy and environment design, engineering and business plan competitions to encourage students to take their research and ideas from the design stage to the next level. Do you have ideas for sustainable products, practices or discoveries? Consider entering in one of the national competitions tailored to university students.
Questions on how to get started? Contact the Office of Energy and Environment at email@example.com.
Business Plan Competitions
- California Institute of Technology
- Carnegie Mellon University (Allegheny Region)
- Clean Energy Trust
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Rice University
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- University of California-Berkeley
- University of Central Florida
For design students, global automobile supplier and tech company Valeo is hosting the Valeo Innovation Challenge 2017, and students have the opportunity to become leaders in automobile innovation by creating the car of 2030. Teams of two to five students can submit ideas in one of two categories: “Technological Innovation” and “New Ways To Use Cars” on the Valeo Innovation Challenge 2017 website. Entries must be received by January 31, 2017, at 12 p.m. (noon) Paris time. For updates, check out Valeo’s Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn accounts.
To learn more about U.S. Dept. of Energy Clean Energy Business Plan competitions, visit the CleanTech University Prize site.