- July EPN Breakfast Club
- Storm Outage Prediction, Preparedness and Response Workshop
- WKSHP 170: Algae Identification Workshop, August 7-8 or August 9-10
- WKSHP 130: Dealing with Cyanobacteria, Algal Toxins and Taste & Odor Compound, August 7-9 or August 9-10
- WKSHP 200: Lake Erie Island Wetland Plant Field Identification and VIBI workshops, August 15-17
- WKSHP 140: Aquatic Invasive Species - Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
- WKSHP 120: Fish-Sampling Techniques Workshop
- WKSHP 100: Outdoor Photography Workshop, October 6-8
- Energy Impacts Symposium
- CHPPE Open House
- CHPPE Annual Review, November 19-20
Energy Impacts Symposium
Tuesday, July 25
6 - 8 p.m.
Wednesday, July 26
8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday, July 27
7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Conference Center
This first-in-the-nation event is supported by the National Science Foundation and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, and links social science research on energy development from across academic disciplines, locations, and energy types.
With more than 40 oral presentations and 50 poster presentations, including panel discussions, plenary speakers, keynotes, and networking activities, anyone interested in Social Science, Energy Development, or Rural Communities will find many topics of interests at the symposium. The program is available at this link (pdf).
Of particular note is the Environmental Professionals Network Breakfast on July 27 at 7:30 am, where a panel discussion on Community Development in Energy Host Communities will be hosted by Sean Logan, former director of Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
Registration for both days is available for $140, or $100 for day 1 and $40 day 2. Registration closes July 15th! More information can be found here: www.energyimpacts.org/symposium.