- CHPPE Annual Review, November 19-20
- Environmental Film Series "The Messenger"
- Environmental Film Series "Chasing Coral"
- Careers in Sustainability Panel
- Environmental Film Series “The Penguin Counters"
- Environmental Film Series “Sonic Sea"
- Geospatial Science and Technology in Sustainable Development Research
- Environmental Film Series “From the Ashes"
- Movie Screening: Pandora's Promise
- Wasted! The Story of Food Waste Film Screening
Geospatial Science and Technology in Sustainable Development Research
The Center for Urban and Regional Analysis is hosting a lecture by Budhendra Bhaduri, a Corporate Research Fellow and leader of the Geographic Information Science and Technology (GIST) group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL). He is the founding director of the Urban Dynamics Institute at ORNL. His research interests and experience include novel implementation of geospatial science and technology in sustainable development research, including population dynamics, urbanization and watershed impacts, energy resource assessment, and disaster management.This presentation will highlight the Urban Dynamics Institute's activities to model, analyze, and simulate urban environments at unprecedented spatial and temporal resolutions. This provides an unparalleled opportunity for scenario-driven analysis, where the consequences of future technologies, policies, demographic and socioeconomic changes can be studied.
The lecture will be held from 12 to 1 p.m. Oct. 19 at 1080 Derby Hall.