- Time For Change Week 2018
- Climate Change and Security
- Cooperation in the Face of Complexity: The Future of Water Governance
- Weather and Climate Risk
- Water & Health: Global and Local Perspectives
- Advanced Biobased Systems Workshop: Pipeline to Commercialization
- CURA Speaker Series: Christopher A. Impellitteri
- CURA Speaker Series: William Hunt
- World Water Day at Ohio State
World Water Day at Ohio State
Ohio State will recognize World Water Day 2018 with a Water Awareness event from noon to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 22, in the Ohio Union Great Hall Meeting Room #2. Stop by to learn about important Ohio State water improvement research and what our students are doing to provide safe, convenient water supplies in Tanzania and other places in need.
Thursday, March 22
12 - 3 pm
NOTE LOCATION CHANGE:
Ohio Union Great Hall Meeting Room #2
What is World Water Day?
World Water Day, on March 22 every year, focuses attention on the importance of water. An initiative of the United Nations, the theme for World Water Day 2018 is ‘Nature for Water’ – exploring nature-based solutions to the water challenges we face in the 21st century.
Damaged ecosystems affect the quantity and quality of water available for human consumption. Today, 2.1 billion people live without safe drinking water at home; affecting their health, education and livelihoods.
Units displaying their water sustainability efforts on the South Oval March 22 include:
- Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center
- College of Public Health
- Engineers without Borders Student Chapter
- Energy Services and Sustainability
- Friends of the Lower Olentangy Watershed
- Global Water Institute
- InFACT Discovery Theme
- Office of Energy and Environment
- Ohio Sea Grant
- Ohio State Wilma H. Schiermeier Olentangy River Wetland Research Park
- Office of Student Life
- Ohio Water Resources Center
- Sustainable and Resilient Economy Program
- TerrAqua Student Organization
- Untapped Shores Student Organization
- Wexner Medical Center
Join the World Water Day Twitter scavenger hunt by following @OhioStateGWI. Find fliers announcing World Water Day at water-related campus landmarks, and take a photo to post to Twitter with #OSUwater18 or @OhioStateGWI tagged to win a T-shirt at the World Water Day event March 22!
Ohio Water Resources Center is also holding a video competition open to all students. If you are interested in solving modern-day water challenges with the help of nature, create a 60-second video on your own or with a small group. What does using "nature for water" mean to you? Upload the video to YouTube and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Mar. 19!
Sponsored by the Office of Energy and Environment, Wexner Medical Center, Global Water Institute, and Sustainable and Resilient Economy Discovery Theme Program.